If you’re a craftsperson when it comes to code, if you can write elegant solutions and if you’re an all-round top tech nerd – we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a senior software developer/engineer to work on the most complex problems, with cutting-edge and legacy systems equally.
If you have the chops to help improve our coding standards, code review process and development practices, apply today.
What you’ll be doing
Aside from drinking lots of free coffee to get you fuelled up, as a senior software developer at Parker Software you will:
- Be a valuable source of information and guidance for the less experienced team members, and help to mentor them as they grow
- Take point when developer input is required for our biggest and most valuable customers, giving them high-quality service and information
- Help continually improve our suite of software solutions, translating business requirements into performant code
- Participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle, playing a key role in ongoing product updates
- Help the team step up to the next level, working seamlessly with colleagues to ensure that time and quality expectations are met
We’d also imagine that you’ll get involved in lots of team meme wars, but that one isn’t essential.
What you’ll need
To succeed in this role, you will be the sort of person who can break down any problem and get started with it straight away. You’ll also need:
- Experience of the following software packages: JIRA, TeamCity, Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS
- Knowledge of real-time communications methods and protocols essential (TCP, SignalR, Socket.io)
- To be comfortable with customer interaction regarding advanced issues and detail scoping
- The personal authority and integrity to mentor others around you
- To embrace an Agile methodology & attitude
- A team player attitude: modest, humble, and with a learning attitude despite your technical expertise
What you’ll get in return
In the words of our employees, we’re a “gem of a workplace”. We’re a thriving software house, and we’ve built a great team of clever, friendly people who you’ll love working with.
If your application is successful, you’ll be given every possible support to fulfil your ambitions. You’ll get training, technical and management support, as well as the rich benefits of our various employee reward schemes. Other reasons to step up and step in include:
- Long term job security with a cash rich, debt free, successful tech company
- Exciting travel opportunities, with offices in the UK and the US
- The opportunity to grow alongside a dynamic business with 45% growth year on year, constant reinvestment in products and people and ongoing expansion
Think you’re up to the challenge? Submit your CV and let’s get the conversation started.Apply Now